Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NICU day 2

Monday 28, the day started out great the doctors were still very impressed at how well she was doing. I was able to hold her again for an hour, then it was time for me to be discharged I was so ready to be home and sleep in my own bed! We got home and ate lunch when my kids came home, I was ready to get them back on their routine. We played for an hour then it was time for all of us to take a nap. When we woke up the kids rode their bikes for awhile, and we waited for our dinner we ate then got ready to go visit Halle. We dropped the kids off with my mom and we backed out of the driveway and my phone rang, I didn't know the number when I answered I heard the voice say is this Ashley Halle's mom? My heart sank, I started to tear up as she began to tell me to get to the hospital, they we're going to life flight her up to primary's that her Aorta started to close off. The news we had been dreading was here. I just looked at Brandon and said this is not good.
As we got to the hospital I had lost it, I was terrified not knowing what to expect. I got to the room, to my surprise she was 'stable' the doctors we're able to give her the meds that she needed to keep it open. The life flight team were there getting everything ready to go. I was able to ride with her, she was quite feisty they had to sedate her twice during the flight she kept trying to pull the breathing tube out!
When we got to primary's everything started to move very quickly, they pushed me out of the room and made me sign a crap load of papers. When I was finally let back in it was about 1:00 am and they had to do labs, and the Echo on her heart. During all of this Brandon was driving up, my sister was with me so I wasn't alone. When the Echo machine got set up and they started doing it Halle was awake and she kept grabbing the Doppler and the girls hand so they had to sedate her again. Poor girl was so tired. I got tired about 3:00 am and my sister and I went to go lay down in what we call 'the jail' seriously though you would think they would have a nice room to put you in, they don't! I slept for about an hour until Brandon got there and we went back in and got the results of the Echo she has Coarctation of the aorta a hole and only 2 valves (most people have 3) then the random vein in the left ventricle. The most important thing is the aorta the rest is on the back burner.
We went to sleep after this at 5:30 am

No comments:

Post a Comment