Monday, September 10, 2012

The inevitable happened.

It was my husbands birthday. We woke up, and I said to him for your birthday present I won't have Halle today. We had a fun day playing around. We got home late, and got the kids to bed. Brandon and I fell asleep watching something downstairs. I woke up around 1:00am and was walking up to my bedroom, half asleep. When I thought I peed a little, you know walking up stairs can do that to a pregnant lady. So I went to the bathroom changed my clothes and went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning I remembered what had happened. I thought to myself maybe my water had broken? I put a pad in just incase and went about my day. That night came and I was completely dry. So I knew that I had just peed myself. So I told Brandon what had happened the night before. Then I had to use the restroom. That's when my water broke! It wasn't just a trickle like the night before. Panic set in I was only 19 weeks. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to our sweet girl. My father in law came over to watch Mason and Adalyn, while we went to the hospital.

We went to the desk, and I had to tell them my water had broken. They started to look for my information, when I said I wouldn't be in there, that I was only 19 weeks. I remember their faces dropped. They took us back to a room. The nurse was so nice, as I had to tell her we were kind of expecting this to happen. That my little girl most likely would live. She was positive and said maybe it didn't break.

We had to wait for the results to come back. When they came back positive, my doctor called me. He asked me what I wanted to do?!? I was so not prepared to have my baby girl that night. So I told him I wanted to go home and wait. For either an infection to set in, or my contractions to start. After I hung up. I excused myself to the bathroom, and I bawled!! I still can't believe I had held it in that whole time.

I had a lot of people tell me I had 2 other kids to look out for, that I needed to do what was safe for me. That was to abort! I wasn't listening I just wanted it to happen naturally if that's what it was meant to be.

That night was so hard!! I payed close attention to how I was feeling, I had to take my temp every few hours. I was trying to soak up every minute with my precious unborn daughter. I cried a lot! I never did cry in front of my kids. I would excuse myself and go to the bathroom, or I would wake up in the middle of the night.

The next few days, I called around to try to plan a small funeral. We had to go to the 'high risk' doctors. They kept telling me all of the odds were stacked against me. That if I were anywhere else but Utah. They would be aborting. Nobody gave us any hope!! My doctor was getting very nervous, about me getting an infection. He finally told me, if there was still no fluid by that Friday we would be inducing. My last delivery was awful, had a major complications with several infections. He did not want me to have to go through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment