Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 41-46

So miss Halle got an infection. Luckily they caught it fast, her urine output was so low she wasn't really waking up to eat. Then one night she had blood in her urine. That's when they had to a CBC and a urine analysis put an iv in her head. She was dehydration and just didn't feel good. They started antibiotics, her CBC was elevated. I actually cried in front of my nurse, I never cry in front of people. My emotions had enough lows and I couldn't hold them in, it's so hard to have so many lows and only a few highs. Well they caught it early enough and she was on a three day course of antibiotics and was so much better by the third day she was nursing again like a pro.
Halle can hopefully wait on the surgery if she shows no sign the her heart is struggling. Her blood pressures are doing great. She's eating well, she's urinating (heart and kidneys go hand in hand) the echo showed a slight improvement. Over all her heart is holding out so far.
We got a roommate and she is the sweetest little thing ever. She has down syndrome and Halle has turners they make the perfect pair. Her mom is so nice. It's nice to have someone to talk to who has the same feelings your having.
My milk supply went down like way down and I pumped all of the time, to get it back up. I succeeded. It has finally hit me, I'm exhausted I can't catch up on my sleep. I'm going to have to sleep for days when Halle gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment