Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 14

Halle is 2 weeks old today!
This little girl has gone through so much already in her short 2 weeks here. We love her so much and are truly grateful she is here with us.
She is doing well they took out her chest tube already, which they said it could take days. And she just had surgery yesterday! When they took out the chest tube her swollen hand/fingers wrapped around my finger, and as they were taking the tape off she would look at me and try to squeeze my finger. Her hand was so swollen that she could quite grasp my finger, but I could feel her fingers get a little tighter as they were pulling the tape off. I absolutely hate seeing her that way, she too little to tell you how bad it hurts, and with her breathing tube in she can't really cry. It breaks your heart. Her blood pressure is now high, so they are giving her meds for it. They are transferring her back up to the NICU. Which I am so happy about, it is much better up there, not so scary. Plus the CICU doesn't like these tiny babies, ha it is kind of funny watching them try to move her and change her diaper, the NICU nurses just kind of toss them around. They don't break!
When we did get back up to the NICU it took them quite awhile to get things settled down. Apparently every floor does everything different. So they had to relabel all of her lines that went everywhere. She was doing really well until the nurse was taking off the extra lines from the surgery, and of course they were taped on. Poor Halle was not happy at all I tried my best to keep her calm, all I can really do is put my hands over her head and hold her hands. The whole time I'm fighting the urge to just pick her up and hold her against my chest and tell her everything will be okay. It's so hard to have this "cage" keeping us apart! She was crying without the sound it was so hard to watch her face wrinkle up and try to arch her back trying to get away from the nurse. I wanted to cry for her, well for me because watching your child in pain hurts! They finally finished it took Halle quite awhile to calm down, each time I thought she had gone back to sleep I would slowly try to take my hands off of her, as soon as they would come off, her eyes would pop back open. So I would put them back on, I am willing to do anything to keep her calm or more comforted when ever. Trust me it's not comfortable at all for me to put my arms in the little holes, and have to maneuver around all of the wires and cords, to hold on to her, but like I said its worth it if it makes her comfortable.
We went to dinner, and came back she was doing quite well she had some more morphine, then she was out! So we left and went to sleep ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment