Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nicu day 7

Well I was awaken by a phone call. It was the hospital saying she wasn't doing good, and they had to put her back on the vent, and put her back on antibiotics. When i got there they were doing x-rays, and they moved her a little and the breathing tube slipped a little. All of a sudden her stats dropped, and there was a lot of doctors,nurses, rts bagging her to make her breath till they got the tube back in. Yes I was right there just numb I didn't know what to do or say, or even feel at that moment I froze. They did get her back on and stable, it did feel like forever I'm sure it was only a min or so. They were still getting that bloody stuff out of her belly.
The vent was a good thing, she wasn't struggling, she was sleeping. They had to start giving her pain meds, she was just uncomfortable, it also made her sleepy.
These two special people(I won't mention names but you know who you are.) brought me and Halle a care package, we all need some chocolate while in here, I'm even sharing with the nurses. It meant a lot to me that they would think of me since they are going through a trial of their own. I hope they know they helped make my day. My family was down, and they talked me into running to the mall with them, so I would have a break. It was nice to just get away for awhile, I bought a few little things for Halle, and I bought Adalyn and Halle their first matching dresses. I got a few other things then we went back to the hospital, to say goodbye. Halle was doing do much better, she was actually responding to her name again. She would open her eyes for a split second and close them, she was still very tired, but wanted to be awake.
She was stable again so I went to my father in laws house, to get some rest. Hopefully not get another call.

No comments:

Post a Comment