Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 25

Well today wasn't so great! I swear as soon as they said we could be transferred they "found" something. I think once your in here your stuck here!
So yesterday night they decided to give her some blood pressure medicine because her blood pressure has been high. Well they gave her the full dose, and in return made her pressure too low. So they decided to half it today, in addition to that the medicine can cause her kidneys to fail! Yes so now we have to add a blood test to all of this to make sure that doesn't happen. They also had to do an ultrasound to make sure she didn't have any clots which would cause high blood pressure. Well the stupid ultrasound saw some narrowing in her aorta below where they did her surgery. This can grow with her, so it's not to worry. They are going to have to either CT scan or MRI her to make sure it's the only artery that looks that way. The MRI they will have to completely knock her with a breathing tube. We so do not need this we can't start all over!
I swear they do one thing, and it's like the domino effect. We can't win up here.
On the bright side her eyes are doing great! It did take me quite awhile to find that information out. When I ask questions they look at me like I'm stupid. Somethings I do know about, I have had two other preemies here! Today was frustrating. Hopefully we will make it to Dixie in January sometime now!

No comments:

Post a Comment