Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nicu day 9

It was a good day! She slept most of the day, she would wake up during "cares" that's when we take her temp, measure her belly, change diaper, switch the oxygen probe things, and switch her position. After the cares she would go peacefully back to sleep. I sat here all day like usual but it was a boring day finally. We love our boring days.
There's has been some talk that they want to do her heart surgery later this week or early next week, because of her respiratory distress. They are hoping that once they fix her heart she can come off the vent. I really hope they are right. Even though the talk of surgery scares me, she's so small! Real though I don't think at any time I will be okay sending my baby into get heart surgery.
I'm doing pretty good considering everything that's going on. You just have to take it as it comes, or you will never survive the Nicu. There are just way too many bumps in the road. You never can just assume anything. That's why we all go crazy in here. Your baby can be doing so well and the next thing you know, they are sick again. I am very grateful that my other 2 preemies were boring ones, and just needed to learn to eat and grow. Some of these babies are in here for months and months. 3 babies that are in my room have been here for 5+ months!

No comments:

Post a Comment