Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 26

Well with some encouragement from me they decided to have a CT scan done with contrast. My nurse was very sweet and actually listened to me! Can you believe that it's a Christmas miracle over here! Well the CT guys wanted to give Halle sedation to make her hold still, she's a preemie when you get them comfortable they don't move. Anyways I kept telling them Halle doesn't do good with sedation, she gets a lot of apnea spells. My nurse was just going to bring the drug with her and hope that we wouldn't need it, well the nurse practitioner said we would need to give it up in the NICU. So they did, she did good so they took her down for the CT scan. She behaved herself while she was down there. When they came back up the apnea started, she did good though and brought herself back up twice, the third time we weren't so lucky my nurse had to manually stimulate her and for quite awhile to get her to come back up. I hate when they turn that dusky color, it scares you I don't think you ever forget that color. The drug did wear off pretty fast and she was back to her normal self.

As I was holding her, I noticed some puss around her wrist and I bended her wrist back a little and I saw a gapping wound! I asked my nurse to come take a look at this. She was like oh my gosh, and called the other nurse to come take a look. The tape that was holding the picc line had dug into her wrist. I can't believe I had been the one to notice it! The nurses have to evaluate her everyday and night, how could they have missed this? It had been there for awhile because it was starting to heal from the inside. I try not to hold that hand because it looks painful because of the swelling, that's how I missed it. My nurse kept saying oh I'm sorry I missed that, she was very sweet. They called in the "wound team" to clean and bandage it.

The CT scan showed everything normal, well nothing that we didn't already know. Where they did the fix to her aorta is still a little narrow and had Edema around the sight. Which is totally normal! So the stupid ultrasound people don't know what they saw. I'm glad that it was normal and hopefully get to go home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment