Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 30-34

I'm now going to do weekly updates. It's crazy being at home, trying to juggle everything. Well almost everything the house cleaning has not made it to the list yet!

I spend sometime in the morning with Halle for rounds, pump. Then go home for a few hours come back to the hospital at one for a feeding, yes we are now able to start breast feeding, (YAY). Then go back home put the kids down for a nap, and me too, usually have to pump at some point here. Then come back to the hospital at seven feed again, every other night she gets a bath so I stay to give it to her. Ugh see why the house cleaning has not made the list yet. By the time I get home I'm so tired I pump and go to bed.
One good thing is I'm very confident of the Nicu staff here. So when I do have to leave I'm comfortable which is so nice not to have that extra stress. The Nicu here is so different. They are so welcoming makes you feel good. Some of them well most if them remember me from the last two times, so they know me by name and ask about Mason and Adalyn. Everyone has said its so good to have you back, and have just been so wonderful! Mason and Adalyn got to come see her on Wednesday. Adalyn was right in her face talking so sweetly to her, she might be nice after all, haha. Mason has always been sweet and he just wanted to hold her, so he did and his face lit up. I'm so excited to see these three grow up and enjoy life.
Halle has been doing pretty good. We did find out she has a grade 1 brain bleed. We are praying it can resolve on its own, and get any worse. She is at .8 liters and oxygen anywhere between 22%-28%. She is very low on iron so they are trying to get that back up. Her sodium is low also so she is getting that also. She is on vitamins, omega 3 (fish oil?) a Darby shot (help them build up bone marrow), iron, sodium, and high blood pressure meds, and another thing I can't remember. Her heart is still looking pretty good, so hopefully no more surgeries. She is gaining so much weight! She is now 3.12!! Adalyn was home before she weighed that. Mason was 3.14, so miss Halle will be the biggest by the time she gets home. She is working on breast feeding she is an awesome latcher. She just still to tired to suck. On Thursday night after her bath, she nursed! I was so excited that she did it, well at least five minutes of it. With Turners syndrome they can have a hard time with the sucking reflux. So I was very relieved to know that once she's strong enough she can do it. She is maintaining her temp very well, and hopefully by next week she can come out of the "box" and I can start dressing her up! Her hands and feet still get quite swollen poor girl, they look miserable at times. Miss Halle is just perfect, I know every parent thinks that of their kids. But she has over come a lot even from in the womb, till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment