Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 20

She did great today! She is down on her oxygen. She is getting a little more food and handling that great. She was quite fussy today, she acted like she wanted the breathing tube out! She kept trying to tongue it out, the nurse finally said okay let's have your mommy hold you this afternoon. I was beyond excited, and at the same time worried that she might not like being held. I was very relieved to know she loves being held the best thing that has happened so far, since she probably won't be put down at our house. I held her for an hour an half she kept her temp up the whole time. I just stared at her the whole time, (like I was a creeper.) I was on cloud nine.
They had to do an ultrasound on her right leg, because they had to make sure there wasn't a blood clot from the iv thing they had to put in for surgery. Her right leg has a lower blood pressure than the left leg and both arms. I'm happy to say no blood clot, but her artery isn't pushing back the right amount of blood, they aren't concerned about it they are just going to watch it.
They have started her on a steroid in preparation of getting the breathing tube out either tomorrow or Sunday! I really have high hopes it will work this time, since today she just seems bugged by it.
This girl just amazes me, it's funny that you can have such a bad day, then the next day be "better".

No comments:

Post a Comment