Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nicu day 4

We got to the hospital late and we missed rounds. The doctor came in to talk to us about her, and that the cardiologist would come and talk to us. They weren't sure if they were going to do the heart surgery the next day or wait till she grew a little. We had the whole cardiologist team talking to us throughout the day, so basically they would prefer her to gain 400 grams but it could happen any day. It makes me very nervous to send my very small child into surgery, I mean not just surgery it's heart surgery. I'm scared out of my mind. We got a lot of information this day, a lot of it was just deciding when to do it. They did start feedings they are 2cc over a 2 hour period every 4 hours, so its basically nothing we all laugh at how slow we have to go. It is best for her heart, there might not be enough blood flow to her intestines, and if they go too fast Halle can get very sick and her bowels can perforate and that's immediate surgery. So for now we go nice and slow so that can't happen. So they finally took the tube out and they put her on the nasal canal, she was on room air and doing great. They did have to put her under the lights. I even got to hold her! It felt like forever since I was able too, but she started to desat on me and the nurse took her, it turns out her little oxygen monitor came loose. I was bugged because she wasn't struggling or anything while I was holding her, and this was my first thing that made me miss drmc Nicu they listen to you, up here they don't they do what they think is best, it's like they are not your child, I mean you already kind of feel that way because you have to ask to hold them. It's just hard to have a preemie let alone a sick one, yes there is a difference.
She did good for the rest of the day, but she did loose weight she's on the low side of 2.7,

No comments:

Post a Comment